I know you're all thrilled to see the Summer Book Exchange again. It's that time between Christmases where you start to feel like you could really use a present. Well, you're in luck! Sign ups for the Third Annual Summer Book Exchange begin on May 21! Read on for the details:
The Rules of the Exchange:
First, here's a little refresher on how things will work: Each participant will link to at least one wishlist with a collection of titles they'd like to receive from their Santa. Names will be thrown in a virtual hat and drawn so that each person will have a Summer Santa who will give them a book, and a Summer Santee they will give to. Summer Santas will choose titles from their Santee's wishlist(s). We want to be clear: Everyone who signs up will both give and receive. Sounds like fun? Yeah, we thought so too.
Here are the rules:
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. Everyone's welcome!
- International participants are welcome, too, anywhere that the Book Depository ships. Please be aware, when you sign up, that you may be assigned an international santee.
- You will need wishlist in order to participate. Where you keep your wishlist--on Goodreads, Amazon, or your blog--is up to you and you will be able to link to two wishlists in the form. If you need help setting up a wishlist, email me and we'll help you figure it out.
- PLEASE NOTE: Summer Santas (SSs--) will chose TWO books from your wishlist for a total of around $18-20. If you want one book for that price, it's up to you--let your SS know. Also remember that the Book Depository has free shipping. You should not be spending half of your $18-$20 on shipping. This was an issue during a previous exchange, and some people felt they didn't get a fair exchange.
- Pre-ordered items are acceptable ONLY if this is agreed upon by both parties.
- You may purchase your books from whatever source you choose, but please do not send used books. Ebooks must be okayed with the santee before purchasing.
- Once santas and santees are assigned, addresses will be exchanged between individuals. If you're not comfortable with this, please do not sign up.
- Sign ups begin on May 21, and end on June 21.
- After you send the books to your santee, you must fill out the tracking information form I will provide for you.
- To join the exchange, you must fill out THIS form. It is also included at the end of this post.
Still got questions? Remember, there's a special Ruby's Reads Book Exchanges email address now. And we have a twitter account. Make sure you follow us so you're up-to-date on all important SBE3.0 announcements! Our email and Twitter follow buttons are on the sidebar.